Sunday, April 29, 2012

Keeping it Simple, Sweetie...but not short

Let's just do a quick list of what's happened in my life this semester. It may not be a short list but if I keep the explanations minimal (or nonexistant) I might be able to touch on everything. Lol.
  1. I am a plant. I was a seed, planted long ago. Rising through close darkness, I eventually sprouted, unfurling leaves and soaking up the sun and rain. Now I am in my spring, blooming bright and colorful. I feel I'm finally coming into myself. Soon, the bloom will die away and fruit will grow in its place.
  2. I'm much more confident and outgoing this semester.
  3. I'm just SO ALIVE. Full bloom, y'all.
  4. I've been in the South too long.
  5. Some days I drink sweet tea like it's going out of style.
  6. I'm in love in with Arkansas, it's beauty both natural and personable. I could live here forever, I think. Even with the humid heat.
  7. Christian music might, in part, be responsible for my growth this semester. Mainly Switchfoot.
  8. I really do take joy in seeing spiritual growth in others, even if I'm not directly responsible. It makes me so proud. It's encouraging.
  9. Desi is moving out. It's kind of sad. After two years, we've grown to such love as sisters in Christ.
  10. We've had way more laughs than we probably should have.
  11. Yet, I'm glad we are parting. We'll always be friends but God has other plans than us living together.
  12. We've sharpened each other (naturally with ample friction and sparks) but we've come away better for it and stronger in our faith (at least for me).
  13. I'm okay with being single for....the rest of my life.
  14. I'm okay with dating.
  15. ...but I still don't think I'm quite ready for a serious relationship.
  16. I've learned more about marriage living with Desi than I probably could have any other way (except marriage).
  17. People tend to marry those they date. Don't they? (there are exceptions, of course)
  18. So why date someone you wouldn't marry? (just sayin' y'all)
  19. I probably have too many male friends.
  20. A fair amount I might be willing to date (well one date, no promises on second dates).
  21. I honestly doubt any would ask me out. (I'm happy with that.)
  22. I only desire to be what God would have of me to best serve the Kindgom, married or not.
  23. I don't like being friends with many girls because they're annoying and full of drama.
  24. Then I realized legit Christian girls are totally awesome.
  25. I'm gonna miss D-group.
  26. I didn't realize how much I needed that girl-on-girl fellowship.
  27. Paul wasn't kidding when he told the Philippians that Christ gives a peace beyond all reason.
  28. There are few situations the 4th chapter of Philippians don't apply.
  29. The heart of a problem is the key to fixing it.
  30. This works with physics and life. (Underlying concept or heart issue)
  31. I enjoy doing physics homework.
  32. My second research advisor is amusingly absentminded and awkward. Like me.
  33. I love having purple hair. It fits that bloom theme.
  34. Six months ago, I was excited but mostly nervous about staffing Super Summer Arkansas (I was accepted a couple weeks ago!).
  35. Now I'm all excited and feel more able to face the challenge and awesomeness it's sure to be.
  36. I'm at peace with being a leader.
  37. To me it means doing everything out of love and taking joy in the service.
  38. I think the leadership at BCM is simply amazing and way more awesome than me.
  39. "It doesn't get better than this!" - Kaleo (ministry leadership conference) speaker. I had great hope when others were groaning. :D
  40. Praise the Lord, O my soul...
  41. I believe gingers do have souls...
  42. ...of FIRE.
  43. We all sparkle sometimes.
  44. Edward ain't got nothin' on Pillar.
  45. I really do love the students in the labs I TA for. I claim them as my own.
  46. Realizing one suicide caused me to questions everything and decide teaching was the way to go.
  47. Realizing one tragic accident was the catalyst for my involvement in the BCM and my growth there.
  48. Wishing death wasn't necessary for life change.
  49. Wanting to live like tomorrow isn't coming.
  50. I must speak good words and share my love every moment.
  51. The legacy I want to leave is Christ and His love.

No comments:

Post a Comment