Saturday, March 23, 2013

21 things about Gulf Shores and other stuff

          I try to write succinctly but I want to recount everything. I've had better luck with lists so here goes:
  1. Anthem of the week #1 "Spirit lead me where my trust is without borders/Let me walk upon the waters/Wherever You would call me//Take me deeper than my feet could ever wander/And my faith will be made stronger/In the presence of my Saviour"
  2. Anthem #2 "Here's my heart Lord/Speak what is true".
  3. Extra-strength Febreeze gets campfire smell out of your clothes like no one's business.
  4. I didn't make leadership team I'm perfectly at peace with that.
  5. That is to say: I tried being servant-leader for a year and learned I'm more of a servant than a leader.
  6. I most certainly am a servant and eager follower with a gift for being merciful with all cheerfulness.
  7. I'm apparently far more outgoing than I used to be. I blame God. and Super Summer.
  8. I'm becoming better at expressing love through touch. I've rested my head on a lot of my new friend's shoulders this week.
  9. In making friends and sharing the Gospel: being genuine and open are the most effective means of making connections with people.
  10. You can dance with the ocean.
  11. If you're true to your heart and let it win, you're gonna have a bad time.
  12. I experienced heartache at seeing a mind clouded and heart hardened against God and His truth.
  13. I'd take that pain over some guy not being interested in me any day.
  14. My heart is like an unruly child; it's the most immature part of me. I need to accept that it is a part of me and train it up. Maybe then I'll be holy and wholly His. Or something like it.
  15. Real Christians who love God and want to see His kingdom come are everywhere. More than I initially realized.
  16. I'm proud to call the women I worked along-side sisters in Christ.
  17. I'm even more humbled and honored that they would call me their friend.
  18. I'm so encouraged by the brothers in Christ who were there also. We need more like you.
  19. I've found further evidence that there is a man out there who meets my ridiculous standards because I keep finding increasingly larger clusters of my desired traits with each new Christian brother I meet.
  20. ...but I'm not holding my breath waiting for him. God's doing His thing and I'm doing, well, His thing, too.
  21. It's least I can do and all I really should do.

No comments:

Post a Comment