Sunday, May 31, 2009

And then summer really began

          Whew! So yesterday we drove up from Texas to my brother's apartment near his campus. Ten hours is always a tiring ride (must have been worse for my dad driving it). We picked up my small fridge that we left with him and went to the grand opening Mexican restaurant that was within walking distance of his place. His girlfriend and his roommate joined me and my dad. The food was awesome but the Mariachi band was a little louder than conversation could overcome. Afterward we went back to the apartment and had some desert (brownie, strawberry cake, "cookie" cake made with yellow butter batter and chocolate chips). I suggested they try the demo for Mirror's Edge, it took a good 15-20 minutes to download and install (bleh). I'm not so sure they liked it though. Oh well.
          This morning I had a couple pastries and a blueberry mini-muffin from the continental breakfast at the hotel we were staying at. I was hoping to see Derek before leaving but my parents decided to leave early when I stated my intention of trying to get in touch with him. It upset me but I kept thinking on the scenic drive down that I could have sent him a message the night before to confirm or cancel any plans for the morning.
          My room for summer is small and I'm sharing with another girl. We bunked our beds to make more room. It looks kind of nice now. The bathroom isn't so great though. We share it with another pair of girls on the other side of it. We haven't seen them yet but they left little room for us to put our stuff in there. I managed to fit everything in my closet so it's okay. I can take it in there with me as I need. I just hope I deal well with having a roommate for the first time. Ever. Unless you count my brother from when we were really young. XP

No comments:

Post a Comment