Monday, May 4, 2009

Finals began and then they were over.

Finals
          I had two finals today: Learning and Development (L&D) and Organic Chemistry I; otherwise known as: "Why adolescents and teenagers look and act the way they do, maybe." and "See Carbon. See carbon bond. See carbon screw your GPA." respectively. I am so glad I joined that study group last night for L&D, it was fun and I learned exactly what I needed to know for the test.
          As for organic? I tried to study Thursday through Sunday but I failed epically. Fortunately after finishing my L&D final in about 30 minutes I had plenty of time to study...After checking the mail, calling my dad, talking to Desireé, I went back to my room and finally studied. I condensed organic to the following:
  • Nucleophilic Substitution Flow Chart
  • [Uber-condensed]SN1, SN2, E1, or E2? (table)
  • Reactions of alcohols to form alkyl halides (table)
  • Reactions of alkynes (chart)
              Having paid attention in class and taken some notes (lol), I was able to write these simple things down and remember the rest. It definitely helped when taking the test. I'd be happy to share them, you only have to ask. :D
              Next up is Geography on Wednesday but I'm not worried. The teacher lectured straight out of the book. We're allowed to keep all our tests and given the answers the next class after the test.

    Moving out, etc.
              I'm moving out of my room Wednesday afternoon. As much as I love my friends, I'll be glad to get away for a few weeks. Tomorrow I pack up and do some initial cleaning. My parents should be up that evening. Wednesday morning we load everything up. I take my test and then leave. Yay!
              I'm taking a 10-week summer course, Calculus II (again). You'd think I would learn by now that homework does help in understanding the material...but no. This is the third semester in a row I've had to repeat a class. At least this time I dropped it. The teacher was so awesome and gave me a WP (despite my epic failure on tests). I can't do grade forgiveness anymore. :( C'est ma vie. Sigh~...
              In my brilliant plan to study, I played some World of Warcraft this weekend. I ended up playing a little more on a character that I'd been neglecting for a while now. The funniest part of playing this weekend was how I told my "Guild" I would return after having dinner and never logged back on. While eating dinner I decided to watch a movie online, or rather two: Emma and Spiderman 3. Could they be any more different? Seeing both took about four hours. Then I went to bed. And still didn't study Sunday.
              I chatted with him Sunday on Facebook. No, I'm not telling you his name right now. It's more fun that way. He's the one I "should have dated" mentioned in the last post. I asked for another try and he seems to giving it. I'm going to stick my rules this time and be just friends and have fun as friends for at least two weeks before I jump into a relationship. We only met one weekend in February (dinner Saturday at IHOP and brunch at McDonald's, lol) but I was surprised how much I liked him. I hesitated to call it chemistry but I guess it was. I wonder if those feelings will all come back when I see him again.
              Sorry, I was about to gush. No need to do that. So one more final then I go home and grind WoW like no tomorrow before (hopefully) getting it right and pwning Cal II instead of the other way around. :P
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment